London is one of the most expensive cities in the world. But if you wish to go for a budget trip to this amazing place, you needn't be disappointed. The following article guides you how to plan a budget trip to this wonderful city.
London is one of the most visited cities on the globe. A trip to this amazing land would be an expensive one if you are not aware of what to expect in London. With a little bit of time spent on your homework, you can make your trip a pleasurable one within your budget. To begin with, let's see what comes for free in London.
* The British Museum: This is one of the most visited museums in the world. The entry is free here and there is so much to explore. This museum is famous for its Greek, Egyptian and Roman collections. The most famous display here is the Rosetta Stone which provided the key to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics.
* The National Gallery: The National Gallery is known for its Western European paintings from the thirteenth to nineteenth centuries. The gallery contains the largest collection of great art works by legends like Michelangelo and Da Vinci.
* The Victoria and Albert Museum: This museum is known for its wide array of artefacts, some of which date back over three thousand years. It has the greatest collections of textiles, furnishings, carpets, jewellery, tapestries, musical instruments and glass in the world.
* The Natural History Museum: This museum which was started with a single man's personal collection is now a great museum with a whole variety of earth science specimens which include microscopic slides and mammoth skeletons.
* The National Maritime Museum: This is one of the leading maritime museums of the UK and perhaps the largest of its kind in the world. Here you can visit the Queen's House which has a generous collection of maritime art. The site of the Prime Meridian, from which all time on the earth are measured, is located here. The best part is that you can stand with one foot in the Western hemisphere and the other in the east.
* Covent Garden: Covent Garden is a district in London which is famous for its shops, street performers, bars and pubs, restaurants, theatres and the Royal Opera House.
* The Buckingham Palace: The change of the guards of the Buckingham Palace is one of the most impressive sights of London that come for free.
Apart from these free destinations, there's lot more to enjoy in London that's cheap. You may take a ride in the red double decker buses which would be an interesting experience within your budget. If you are in search for some really amazing budget hotels London has plenty of them where you can stay while you are in this city.
With a fair idea of how to enjoy your trip which is strictly on budget, you may plan accordingly and get ready for the best vacation trip of your lifetime.
The writer of this article is associated with Airways Hotel Victoria, a leading central London budget hotel, which offers great accommodation at affordable rates.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Sim_James
You have read this article Budget-Travel / London with the title A Budget Trip to London. You can bookmark this page URL http://timbuk2andtippycanoe.blogspot.com/2012/06/a-budget-trip-to-london.html. Thanks!